PROGRAM COMPLETED IN 2018.
HOPING TO SEE YOU 2019 WITH NEW ACTIVITIES!
PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS OR REQUESTS!
TRAIN THE TRAINER
A 3-day workshop to develop teacher capabilities on emerging competencies for senior healthcare managers
Who should participate in this workshop?
This course is organized as a 3-day workshop for program directors and trainers of health and care senior managers executives.
Program directors and trainers might be full professors, associate professors, lecturers, or part-time teachers* in healthcare management, leadership, innovation and entrepreneurship from universities, academic centers and training centers across Europe.
*”part-time teachers” also includes healthcare managers that frequently teach in educational programs in one or more subjects related to management, leadership, innovation or entrepreneurship.
The goal is to have a group of 30 educators to learn new materials and approaches for teaching healthcare senior managers in leadership, innovation and management.
This program covers three topics:
A. The scenario for healthcare management in Europe
- 1. Dealing with complexity
- 2. The role of the future healthcare manager in Europe
- 3. The career of healthcare managers and executives
B. Teaching healthcare managers:
- 1. Innovative learning methods: online/blended/offline, simulation, role play, fellowships, internships, peer learning.
- 2. Adapting the case method for healthcare executives and senior managers
- 3. Updating current programs with new competencies
C. New materials for emerging competencies
- 1. Presentation of new and FREE access materials: new cases and online courses
- 2. Discussion on new cases and teaching notes
- 3. How to incorporate free materials in your teaching programs
Edition 1: Stockholm 24-26th October 2018
Download here the final agenda for Edition 1.
View a short (1min) video of the experience at Stockholm link
Edition 2: Barcelona 28-30th November 2018
Day 1 (28 November): 9 am to 6pm
- Group work and debate on the scenario for healthcare management in Europe and education of healthcare leaders.
- Presentation and debate of education methods such as the case method.
- Presentation and case discussion on new developed cases on healthcare improvement and hospital digital transformation strategy (cases 1 and 2).
- Networking dinner (optional)
Day 2: 8.30 am to 6pm
- Presentation and debate on the new role of the manager and innovative learning methods.
- Interactive presentation on healthcare management competencies models and incorporation into education.
- Cases on compassionate care and business modelling (cases 3 and 4)
- Discussion of additional cases (cases 5 and 6)
- Networking dinner (optional)
Day 3: 8.30 am to 2pm
- Group work and debate on incorporation of competencies to a healthcare management program.
- Discussion of cases on digital health and emergent change management (cases 7 and 8)
- Short presentation and debate of 4 additional cases and materials.
Program for Edition 2 in Barcelona will be published soon…
This program is aimed at faculty, academics teaching healthcare management, leadership and innovation and other professional who have an interest in managerial capacity building in the healthcare services in Europe.
The registration to this program has no fees. All materials (presentations, cases, documents) will be provided for free to all participants and all coffee, lunch, and the networking dinner will also be free for registered participants.
Travel and accommodation should be covered by participants. Please find below some recommended nearby hotels.
For further information please contact: Gabriel Antoja (email@example.com)
Edition 1 – Venue: Karolinska Institutet
Medical Management Centre
Widerströmska House, Tomtebodavägen 18a
Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Edition 2 – Venue: IESE Business School. Barcelona
IESE Business School, Barcelona, Spain
C/ Arnús i de Garí, 3-7
GPS coordinates: +41° 23′ 39.57″, +2° 6′ 24.09″
How to get to IESE North Campus
Accommodation in Stockholm
Recommended hotels nearby Karolinska Institutet:
(presented in order of price from most expensive to cheapest average fee)
- Stallmästaregården ****
Show room options for 23 to 26 October (approx 182€/night)
- Elite Hotel Carolina Tower **** (close to Karolinska Institutet)
Show room options for 23 to 26 October (approx. 167€/night)
- Elite Palace Hotel **** (close to Karolinska Institutet)
Show room options for 23-26 October (approx 142€/night)
- Wasa Park Hotel ***
Show room options for 23 to 26 October (approx. 90€/night)
- First Hotel Norrtull ***
Show room options for 23-26 October (approx 135€/night)
- Vanadis Hotel
Accommodation in Barcelona
Participants are free to select their accommodation when attending this event and are responsible for their own reservations, payments and cancellations.
A few reservations for participants have been made at the Abba Garden hotel, which is nearby IESE, price and quality and providing quick and easy transportation to IESE Business School. If you would like to use this reservation please indicate in the registration form.
- abba Garden Hotel ****
Phone. +34 93 503 54 54 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Offer price: 96 € (per person, per night)
The reservations at Abba Garden Hotel are made for 3 nights starting November 27 to November 29. Prices might vary for additional nights.
A shuttle bus to IESE will be arranged from Abba Garden Hotel. This hotel is only 5-10minutes by bus from IESE.
- Hotel Sansi Pedralbes ****
Phone: +34 93 206 38 80 | Email: email@example.com
Approx price: 160€ per night
This hotel is only 4 minutes walk from IESE Business School.
- Hotel AC Victoria ****
Phone. +34 93 206 99 00 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Approx price: 180€ to 220€
This hotel is only 8 minutes by taxi to IESE Business School
- Hotel Catalonia Rigoletto ****